Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Asking for charity

I'm a bit pissed off tonight because my ballot application for the Great North Run has been unsuccessful (unlike every other single person I know). I'd been hoping to do the GNR as part of the Run-a-Thon 500, but now the only way I'll be able to do it is by getting a charity to give me a place.

I may have made it a bit difficult for myself here. Normally you can get a charity place if you get sufficient sponsorship for the race itself. I have however been getting sponsored for a series of runs which I ultimately intend to contain the GNR. So I'm going to have to try and convince Cancer Research UK that they should give me a place anyway.

So far, I've actually raised over £500 of which CR UK have physically already received over £400. There are still 8 months until the race. Hence if anybody who processes the applications there has any common sense they'll give me a place with no problems.

I suspect it won't be that easy though. These things never are.

Oh, well. It's all fun :-(

No comments: