Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Second Largest Erection in York

It sounds strange, but there's a huge big wheel being built at the end of my road. The Yorkshire Wheel is due to open on Monday 10th April and may apparently bring a million people to York. Hopefully not all at once.

At around 60m high it should be the second highest thing in the city, beaten only by the Minster.

Since I pass the construction site several times a day, I've been taking a few photos of the build. It's gone up impressively fast.

Sunday Night:
Yorkshire Wheel 1

Tuesday Morning:
Yorkshire Wheel 2

Tuesday Evening:
Yorkshire Wheel 3

It looks like it's all done now except for the attachment of the cars. The whole thing will have taken well under two weeks to construct which is pretty good going.

I'm looking forward to having a go. I'll probably be able to see my flat, though hopefully not into my flat as I wouldn't really want a million strangers doing that. Not without me getting a share of the admission price, at any rate.

No comments: