Sunday, April 16, 2006

Portrait of a Tortured Rock Star

It's Easter Sunday and I have had no chocolate. I think I will remedy that shortly.

I've just been watching Derren Brown on telly again. He did a thing today where he almost literally crucified Robbie Williams - I assume the symbolism was intentional given the timing. Robbie was taken to some industrial complex, strapped onto a metal frame, arms in the crucifixion posture, and then put into a mild relaxed state (I don't think Jesus had that crutch). Derren then pushed some large metal pins through Robbie's exposed arms, whilst the little pop star recited Three Blind Mice over and over. This actually made for quite uncomfortable viewing. It all seemed very sinister - possibly that combination of industrial decor, torture and children's nursery rhymes.

Robbie seemed unharmed by the whole exercise, though one of his arms was bleeding a bit afterwards. Poor lamb.

Next week: Derren sets fire to James Blunt (maybe)

No comments: