Sunday, April 30, 2006

Running, Brothels and Red Wine

This evening I have done my longest ever run - eight miles in just over eighty minutes. The half marathon is starting to feel achievable.

When I got home, I was obviously a little tired. So I decided to have an actual bath. I can't remember the last time I had a bath - I think I've only had one since I've been in the flat (ie in the last three years!). It was quite good though. I had some Ylang and Neroli bubble bath which is supposed to be a muscle relaxant. Certainly my legs feel ok now so maybe it works. I have no idea what either Ylang or Neroli are - they sound like two girls you might meet in a Thai brothel Maybe they make the bubble bath in their spare time and sell it on for a bit of extra cash for the weekend.

To make the bath extra decadent, I also took a glass of red wine with me (to drink rather than to add to the bath itself). Yeah, I know it's a bit gay, but it was good nevertheless.

2 comments:

Tsuki said...

I like to have baths, with bubbles and candles and a book - and a glass of wine never goes amiss. Tea also works, but is a bit "Spinster with a cat"ish. My bubbles often also have silly names on them.

Lint said...

I now have visions of you in a bath using a special pen to individually name all your bubbles. I suppose it must help you pass the time!