Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm the King of Spain!

I'm going to Madrid in Spain for the weekend because it was my birthday and I wanted to go somewhere, but not last weekend when it was actually my birthday because it was Easter and I thought it might be busy and I didn't want that. I leave in half an hour and I've just about finished packing - I started aiming to use just hand luggage, then decided I'd need a hold-all as well. But then I rethought and figured that I didn't really need two pairs of trousers in addition to the ones I'm wearing now, so I'm back down to a single rucksack. Other than that, I think I have everything I need.

The only thing I haven't done yet is learn any useful Spanish phrases (apart from "Can I have a beer, please?") but I'm sure I'll get by. In any case, I will have some Spanish speakers with me. They will be able to order any non-beer drinks I want!

Auf wiedersehen!

No comments: