Sunday, March 26, 2006

Daylight Running

I took advantage of the increased amount of afternoon delight, sorry, daylight to run in new places today. The sorts of places that don't have street lighting and hence are slightly inaccessible in the dark unless you run with a miner's helmet upon your head.

This today, meant a 10km run up Bishopthorpe Road, past the racecourse, along the back of said racecourse and then back past Tesco into town. I've never travelled to that Tesco entirely on foot before. I was very glad that I had already visited a supermarket earlier in the day and hence did not need to run the final couple of miles holding carrier bags full of wine.

My time for the (ever so slightly more than) 10km was one hour and five minutes which I was reasonably happy with. It also means I can set myself a new mini target of doing 10km in under an hour. I like targets.

No comments: