I did go out for a run this morning. I was out of bed at half six and out of the house at ten to seven for a three miler (with bits of walking cos I'm starting from a low base). I think I'm converted - it's much better than going in the evening.
Five reasons why running in the morning is better than going in the evening:
1. The roads are quieter - it's much easier to cross them when you need to.
2. It gets it out of the way so you don't have to worry about it all day.
3. You can work late if you want to.
4. It's better preparation for the Great North Run when you have to get up earlier.
5. It's better for the world - you don't need to have an extra shower.
I suspect it's crap if one has been drinking the night before though.