Friday, March 23, 2007

Playstation 3: Why?

I accidentally bought a PS3 this afternoon. I hadn't really meant to, but when I found that pretty much nowhere had actually sold out I thought I'd grab one. First impressions:

1. It's big, but much prettier than the original PS2.
2. It's shiny!
3. There aren't really any games worth playing on it at the moment.
4. Backwards compatability works ok, but you can't use old PS2 memory cards without a special adaptor. FFXII and FFVII work fine, Singstar works but I haven't checked whether you can plug in the mikes, Guitar Hero doesn't work.
5. The online store seems much faster to access than the Wii one. There's a nice Lemmings game to download. I couldn't be arsed to play more than the first level though.
6. Blu-ray: It has this, but I don't really see the point of it at the moment.
7. Wireless. The Xbox 360 is so crap in the way you have to spend an extra 60 quid to get the wireless adaptor. Like the Wii, PS3 has it built in from the start.
8. There's a door that opens on the front with some slots behind it. I don't know what they're for.
9. I wonder if it plays normal DVDs?
10. It really is very shiny. I think that's actually the best thing about it.

Actually the best thing is Step 4 in the Getting Started guide: "Connect the wireless controller to the system using a USB cable".

1 comment:

Tsuki said...

I was so right! I bet with Leon AGES ago that you would end up getting one even though it's pointless.

ha.

But shiny is good. Expensive but good. Bet you didn't get the free telly with yours