Friday, March 30, 2007

Barenaked Ladies... are good!

Last night I went to meet an old school friend in Leeds and then go on to see the Barenaked Ladies. I wasn't really sure what to expect from them - I was a fan when I was about 18, but haven't really bothered with them since then.

The support was a good sign - Boothby Graftoe of of the comedy. He was very funny as always, especially the song "I'm a coward (and so's my father behind me)".

The BNL all seemed very jolly and opened with "One Week" which worked for me because I never really liked that one that much. After that there were a lot of songs I didn't really know and a few I knew a bit. Despite them all beiong very good, it probably wasn't until "Brian Wilson" that I remembered why I used to love them in the first place.



I'm tempted to get hold of some of the new stuff.

No comments: