Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Idlewild in Leeds

I went to see Idlewild in Leeds on Sunday night.

Idlewild and a light

The set was a good range from across their band lifetime - not too many songs missing that I'd expected to be there.

There was an item of merchandise that I'd not seen before from other bands - a cloth Idlewild shopping bag (£10). I'm not sure how much crossover there is between fans of Scots rock music and people who take their own shopping bags to the shops. Maybe they only had one made up and just have it on the merch desk as a joke, knowing that nobody will ever buy it. I didn't buy it.

Unrelatedly (as far as I know) Roddy has been going through a bit of a folk phase recently and as part of this he has been sporting a particularly silly beard. I'm pleased to say that there was little evidence of it on Sunday and that he is now back to looking like a normal wee Scottish laddie again.

No comments: