Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Running and Eating

I've just found out that my entry for the 2007 Great North Run has been successful. Darn - that means I actually have to do the bloody thing again (and more annoyingly, the training too). I supposed it gives me an incentive to go out and do the running again, I've been pretty lax this year so far.

Today is also Valentine's Day. Not generally one of my favourite days of the year as it's all far too artificial and forced. I especially hate going to restaurants - full of horrible couples who probably hate each other and have only gone out because they can't face another evening sitting in watching Eastenders on the sofa.

So this year I've decided to cook. It's going to be three courses with actual candles and stuff.

Starter: Pate and toast with Bramble Chutney. A lovely starter which is minimal effort since the pate and the chutney are pre-made. I will have to prepare the toast though.

Main Course: Chicken with Orange and Black Olives, served with Potatoes and Nice Broccoli. This is the main part. I made it for myself once and I think it was nice... it was a while ago.

Desert: Hot Cross Bruschetta. I've made this one up myself. It'll be toasted Hot Cross Buns with some raspberries on top. Might be nice, might be horrid. But I had some spare Hot Cross Buns so I figures I may as well try and use them.

I probably should go and start doing some preparation. Or open a bottle of red wine, at least! Yes, that sounds like a better plan :-)

No comments: