Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Tea is fun

I love fruit teas and herb teas and generally weird teas. I have documented this on these pages in the past. Some of them are great. My favourite is Orange, Mango and Cinnamon. Last night I had a chocolate flavour tea (not sure how that works). But my least favourite one by a country mile is Dr Stuart's Liver Detox tea. It contains "Dandelion root, centaury herb and milk thistle" and it tastes absolutely vile. Very bitter. I know a few people who've tried and it and not found anyone who thinks it's remotely pleasant.

Despite this I like to have one from time to time to see if my tastes have changed and I now like it. It worked for coffee and beer when I was younger, so why not Liver Detox tea? So far there has been no change, but I will persevere. I still have many bags left.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any even more unpleasant (off the shelf) teas that I could try? If so, I'll see if I can get hold of them and do a taste test.

Tea is fun.

7 comments:

Chip said...

Not had the Liver Detox tea before - I think I've heard you wax lyrical about it in the past.

Lapsang Souchong is pretty foul - it's like drinking hot smoke. So are quite a few of the Clipper "philosophical" teas - Ayurvedic and Taoist teas are ones I've had in the past. They always smell lovely and taste revolting.

My favourite tea is this one (http://www.buderimginger.com/consumer_info/search_results_details.asp?intCode=110) which I picked up a box of 25 bags of when I was here 2 years ago, and had been hoarding up till when I got this job. I'm on my third box now since I arrived!

Lint said...

I have some lemon and ginger tea and some ginger (with a bit of cloves) tea, but your one sounds nicer.

admin said...

Get yo'self some nettle tea - smells disgusting, tastes little better, but you'll be ultra-healthy...

admin said...

by thw way, I'm BiL - new login thanks to upgrading a blog I run to Googlethingywhatsit...

Chip said...

It's a lot nicer than the Twinings lemon & ginger. (Actually, Tesco's Finest* L&G is the nicest one of those I've had.)

Come and visit me and you can get a box!

Lint said...

I actually really like nettle tea. Does that make me odd?

Chip - you could just send me a box for my birthday! :-)

Chip said...

I've not had nettle tea, but I did find some Dr Stuart's teas here in a supermarket yesterday. Didn't have the Liver Detox one, just the normal detox one, and that one's quite nice.

Who says you're getting a birthday present off me at all? I didn't even get a card off you for mine last year - you texted me to see if I was coming out, and when I said No you complained you might have to buy a stamp!