Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Event Looms...

Just over a week to go now until the Great North Run and my training is pretty much finished. I did a 10 miler this evening, my first since the 9th July. It was quite hard work but I think I'll get through the 13 next week. Just.

But for now, I need to rest.

I'm up to 410 miles in the Run-a-thon 500 - nicely ahead of schedule but I'll be really happy when the bloody thing's over and done with.

This evening in Acomb I saw a house with an open upstairs window and a large 12 foot trampoline on the ground below. Surely the best invitation to thieves that can be imagined. In a slightly cartoonish way. I'd have liked to have a go but it would have been illegal and I'd likely have hurt myself.

2 comments:

admin said...

Good luck Mr. Lint! I'm sure you've heard it all before, but in my first few races in the dim and distant past I took the advice of starting at the back and going slow for the first few miles. Psychologically it's great overtaking everybody who has gone too quickly when you're about half way around the course. Most of all enjoy the day - there'll be a great atmosphere!

If I ever find the time to train again after having sprogs, we should do a race together sometime. I've run two half marathons with your sis but her legs are too short to keep up with me so I need a tall person to run with!

Lint said...

I intend to go slow for all the miles! Not expecting to beat two and a half hours. I enjoyed overtaking people last week. I was laughing to myself thinking: "You can't pace yourselves, can you? Losers!".