Sunday, September 03, 2006

B5 actors: Where are they now?

I'm currently working my way through re-watching all of Babylon 5 on DVD. 10 years and on and for the most part it is still fantastic viewing. Best ever (long running) sci-fi series? Quite possibly.

But watching it today, I was struck by how most of the main actors seem to have disppeared into nowhere subsequently. The only person I've noticed anywhere was Delenn (Mira Furlan) turning up in Lost as "the mad french woman". So using IMDB I've done a bit of research to see whether anyone else has done anything of note (ie proper roles, not just one-off appearances in American shows I've never heard of) since B5 ended in '98. Here are my results:

Bruce Boxleitner: Nothing I've heard of.
Bill Mumy: Ditto
Claudia Christian: Nothing much, though she did turn up in Broken News. Which was rubbish.
Jerry Doyle: Nothing much.
Andreas Katsulas: A few episodes of Star Trek.
Peter Jurasik: A couple of episodes of Dawson's Creek. But they must have been after I stopped watching.
Richard Biggs: Died a few years ago. Quite a good excuse.
Jeff Conaway: Nothing much, but since he was Kenickie in Grease, he can be forgiven.
Jason Carter: Played Aragorn in Lord of The Rings. Nearly.

So overall, not a great showing. But I'm sure there's room for plenty more of them to turn up on that bloomin' island...

1 comment:

Chip said...

How about some of the more minor characters? Here's ones I recognised w/o IMDB - there'll probably be others.

Bryan Cranston - appears as a doomed Ranger in one episode, went on to become Malcolm's dad in Malcolm in the Middle
Guy Siner - tries to off Delenn with some fuel residue, presumably as revenge for his having to appear in Allo Allo as a gay German (he was also in Genesis of the Daleks, so it's not all bad)
Andrea Thompson (who was a reasonably major character!) went on to appear in the virus series of 24 - series 3?

And Jim Norton, who says one of my favourite lines in the whole series (the speech in G'Kar's head in Dust to Dust), has been reasonably prolific on British TV since B5.