Saturday, April 07, 2007

Recycling

I finally got around to joining my local (council-sponsored rather than council-run) doorstep recycling scheme this week and so have a nice shiny new plastic container to put my paper, cans and bottles in. Only problem is that it's nowhere near big enough to fit all the stuff I have got lying around now, never mind the bits I'll accumulate over the next few weeks. I think daily collections would suit me better than fortnightly ones.

Now, at last, I have an excuse for washing bottles and cans - I always used to do that when I was in an old scheme in my old house, as it stops them smelling and making the container dirty. It's a little bit pointless if you are just going to through them away after washing them though.

But once you're in a habit...

No comments: