Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Not To Be Confused With Katie Holmes

Dame Kelly Holmes came to visit us at work today. She is the second most famous Dame in the UK, after Dame Judi Dench. She should also not be confused with (Not Dame) Kelly Jones off the Stereophonics. Dame Kelly is a retired runner and won two gold medals at the last Olympics. Whilst this is a running achievement to be proud of, it barely compares to my own achievements in this ballpark. But enough boasting.

She was doing a Q&A session (about running and stuff). I found out that she used to be a sergeant in the army for nine years. When I found this out I wanted to ask her if she'd ever killed a man. I'm glad I didn't, as it turned out she'd mainly been a PT instructor and that rarely results in deaths outside of Hollywood films.

I could have got her autograph, but I didn't. I've got several Richard Herring autographs and that's enough of a collection for me.

No comments: