Sunday, October 22, 2006

Thundercats... Go!

I went to Clifford's Tower today. I hadn't planned to go, it just sort of happened. You know how it is - one minute you're sitting in a pub eating steak with some friends and the next you're paying three english pounds to enter a burnt-out 14th century castle. Happens all the time.

I blame Chip this time. He's leaving York soon and after lunch he said he wanted to visit the tower before he left, because he hadn't been before. I hadn't been in either so I went along today for the ride. Not that there's a ride in there, mind. It's not like the Yorvik Centre.

There's not actually a lot in the tower, since it is a burnt out ruin but if you go up on the battlements you can get a good view of York. Not as good as you get from the top of the Minster, or from the Yorkshire Wheel, but still pretty good.

And it's cheaper than those other places.

3 comments:

Chip said...

I take approximately 80% of the responsibility for your visit to Clifford's Tower today - the other 20% is on your shoulders.

However, I take no responsibility for your visit to Clifford's house later on, as you didn't have to join me standing under the nice and dry tree - it certainly wasn't the most direct lift home you've ever received!

Jaq said...

Thundercats GOOOO!

Lint said...

GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!