Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Prague (3) - Terrorist Alert!

I read today that whilst we were in Prague, apparently the city was at HIGH RISK of a major terrorist attack. Is that not something they could have mentioned somewhere? Shouldn't there be signs at the airport: "Welcome to The Czech Repulic! And btw, we currently have a major risk of terror! Have a nice stay!"? Prewarned is prearmed, after all.

We're lucky to have got out alive.

It does explain why there seemed to be a lot of policemen about. This is one we found by a synagogue:

Kafka

See how alert he is? Makes you feel much safer!

2 comments:

Lucia said...

Do you really want to know every time someone panics and decides a city is at high risk? Seems it's a little hard to live that way.

Lint said...

If I went round to someone's house for the first time, I'd like it if they warned me if the downstairs toilet was blocked. It'd just be polite. It wouldn't stop me going. In fact, I'd feel better as I'd understand where the strange smell was coming from and I'd not have to speculate that maybe it was a decomposing animal in the walls.

Same thing here. I was actually quite puzzled why Kafka was being guarded by a (sleepy) man with a gun. Had there been a spate of Kafka related thefts? Was I at extra risk of having my copy of The Trial taken from me at knifepoint? I didn't know!