Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Single servings

I ordered a BMT in Subway at lunchtime and the serving man asked me if I wanted double meat. I asked him whether he meant to ask whether I wanted double cheese. He said he meant double meat. They've never asked me that before.

I didn't want double meat as the sandwich had enough meat in already (some B, some M and some T!) so I said no thanks. He then asked me if I wanted single or double cheese, but I didn't want any cheese so I said so.

I reckon the guy accidentally said "meat" when he meant "cheese" and then tried to cover his tracks.

Or maybe I don't normally look like someone who'd appreciate double meat but today I looked extra hungry - possible as it was getting on half two before I left the office to go for lunch...

2 comments:

Tsuki said...

We once had a rule when I worked in subway that if we didn't offer double cheese, double meat AND extra bacon we had to give them the sandwich free. Maybe it was that.

Lint said...

Extra Bacon? I've never been offered that! Amazing!