Monday, September 22, 2008

100 Kazoos

Hope&Social's Blues Bar gig ended somewhat inspiredly/erratically (delete according to personal preference) yesterday afternoon when they handed out 100 kazoos to the audience to replace the brass on the final song (whose title I have temporarily misplaced). This might have worked well except that the kazoos were quite cheap and not too easy to play until you got the hang of it. I was brilliant at kazooing but the rest of the audience seemed to have some problems. The band said they were going to record the song but if they did I'm not sure it will go down as one of the best live audience performances ever made. Not even the best one they've made.

It was fun though.

I was in the little boys room when I heard them announce in the main room that they were handing out the kazoos. I therefore had to finish my business very quickly in order to head back and grab an instrument. It was worth the rush.

And I made sure to wash my hands first, in case you were worried.

No comments: